Two Pens is the writing blog for Matthew Marovich. The name of the blog stems from his belief that there are and should be two pens involved in the writing process, the black pen of creation and the red pen of destruction (or, less melodramatically, of editing).
Matthew lives in California with his wife, their two dogs referred to as the Mongrel Horde, their son, and a host of friends and family. He is the cohost of the Your Book is Why Daddy Drinks podcast with his good friend Tyler King.
To date he has the following sales:
1. “Reflections”, The Edge of Propinquity, http://www.edgeofpropinquity.net/, 2007
2. “Sense”, Cthulhurotica, Dagan Books, 2010 Amazon
“Sense” by Matthew Marovich has similar hard-boiled leanings. It takes several of the standard noir tropes – the down-on-his-luck detective, the femme fatale, a dangerous job that is more than it seems, and a final doublecross – with elements of “The Whisperer In Darkness”, including removed brains. The removed brains actually give the ending a poignancy which redefines the tortured phrase “a fate worse than death”.
–Sense (Matthew Marovich) is a pulp detective story with a Miskatonic angle. Short, sweet, well-crafted. Followed by a black-and-white illustration Lovecraftian Love, no relation.
3. “Tilling”, Seasons in the Abyss, Blood Bound Books, 2011 Amazon
4. “Toll Booth”, Space Tramps: Full-Throttle Space Tales #5″, Flying Pen Press, 2011
5. “A Cage Gilded”, Beast Within 4: Gears and Growls, Graveside Tales, late 2013